Laurie Orlov wrote in her Aging in Place Tech blog: Boomers and adoption of mobile health. Not so fast.
- The hype hasn't produced health for boomers. (Health care costs rate of increase still outpaces inflation.)
- Wearable designers ignore seniors. And thus boomers didn’t buy them.
- Remote health consultation businesses are on the rise again. (158 million video visits predicted by 2020.)
- Opportunities for designing wearables WITH seniors exist (see this ongoing Pace University pilot study with Peakfoqus) as do incentives to push telehealth for Medicare recipients.
- Predictive analytics and integration like linking device data with a different company’s data will add value exponentially.
Peakfoqus is up to a few projects that address each of these points. We aren't just a fall detection app for Apple Watch.